Be a part of our Pet Therapy Program!
To join the group, first contact the Dog Boss Sally@Hsjc.com
Two Monthly Opportunities to Participate:
1) First Monday at 1:00PM – Bentley Assisted Living, Jefferson
2) Third Thursday at 10:30AM – Hill Haven Nursing Home, Commerce
1. Clean, healthy, current on all vaccines
2. Walk on leash (straight, not retractable)
3. No jumping unless asked
4. Good around other dogs
5. Enjoys being LOVED and PETTED
Animal-assisted therapy can significantly reduce pain, anxiety, depression and fatigue in people per Mayo Clinic with a range of health problems:
- Children having dental procedures.
- People receiving cancer treatment.
- People in long-term care facilities.
- People hospitalized with chronic heart failure.
Animal assisted therapy can significantly reduce pain, anxiety,depression and fatigue in people with a range of health problems.